As we start to transition to the new SU global framework, we are now recruiting for:
– Field Development Officer – Franchophone Africa
Please pray with us, that God will lead us to the right person. If you know of anyone who has the right skills and experience, please pass this information to them and encourage them to make an application by the relevant date.
Field Development Director
Africa (Primarily in Francophone areas)
Scripture Union International is seeking to appoint a Field Development Director to provide support for growth and sustainability of local Movements, coordinate community activities, provide for global connections and to serve as a member of the newly formed global team. Responsibilities will include:
- To maintain a knowledge of and support local Movements and key leaders.
- To coordinate the provision of support for growing sustainability of ministry, leadership, funding, operations, and communications particularly for Emerging/Developing Movements and those where critical care is needed.
- To explore, support, and coordinate the development of work in new countries.
- To coordinate Community group activities.
- To coordinate leadership development & training.
- To undertake special projects as required.
- To coordinate networking with other agencies.
- To be part of the SU Global Team and the primary link between the local Movements and the Global Team and Board.
Preferred experience, skills, and qualities include:
- A deep personal Christian faith and commitment to SU’s Aims, Belief, and Working Principles . This is a Genuine Occupational Requirement in terms of the Equality Act 2010
- Ability to think strategically, define goals and work towards them in cooperation with others.
- High level of coordination and communication skills, verbal and written.
- Proven ability to communicate and deal with people from a variety of cultures and backgrounds.
- Ability to work in a team and draw others together in common enterprise.
- Self-motivated and able to manage multiple and diverse tasks and issues.
- French as a first language and a good command of both written and spoken English.
- Personal circumstances that will permit a considerable degree of travel.
As there is no global headquarters, the candidate selected may be based in his/her current area of residence depending on good Internet service and adequate access to an international airport in this locality. Salary will be appropriate to the area of the world where the person is based.
Click on the following link for the full Job Description and Person Specification
To express interest or to apply please send your CV / Resume for the attention of Janet Morgan: email@example.com
Applications close 31 December 2015
The Scripture Union Global Community is made up of Movements around the world (currently 130+) that share the same mission as expressed in the Aims, Beliefs, and Working Principles. The role of Scripture Union International is to support the local Movements, articulating the vision, assisting development both within and between the national movements and through expansion, providing a global identity, fundraising, establishing and maintaining international partnerships.