Position Vacant below / Postes vacants ci-dessous / Posición vacante debajo / позиция вакантна ниже
As we continue the transition to the new SU global framework, we are now recruiting for the priority role of Communications Manager.
Alors que nous poursuivons la transition vers le nouveau cadre mondial de la Ligue, nous entamons à présent le processus de recrutement pour le poste de responsable de la communication.
Conforme continuamos con la transición hacia el nuevo marco global de la UB, ahora estamos en proceso de reclutamiento para el puesto de Gerente de Comunicaciones identificado como prioritario.
По мере перехода на новую глобальную структуру SU мы начинаем процесс поиска и отбора кандидатов на должность менеджера по коммуникациям.
(NEW POSITION/PART TIME)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Communications Manager to join our team. This new role is key to developing and managing the delivery of communications plans and materials that support Scripture Union’s ministry. This will be achieved through all mediums of communication, both internal and external, including; print publications, digital communication, media relations, corporate events, and internal communications platforms. The post holder will be responsible for:
- building SU’s global visibility, reputation and influence with key audiences
- collecting, documenting and disseminating ministry stories
- enhancing supporter engagement, resource development and (SU) community transformation.
- building SU global staff and volunteer engagement in communications to contribute to organizational effectiveness
- ensuring that SUI achieves high quality communications with donors and other Public audiences; in emergency situations and internally within the organisation .
Essential experience, skills and qualities include:
- In full agreement with the International Aims, Belief and Working principles of Scripture Union. (This is a Genuine Occupational Requirement in terms of the Equality Act 2010 in England)
- A understanding of the international evangelical Christian community.
- University degree or equivalent in communications, media, journalism, public affairs or related fields.
- 3-5 years (ideally international) experience in communications, media or public relations
- Experience of print, production and electronic material design processes and technologies
- High level of knowledge and managing of all key Social Media platforms.
- Solid experience in copywriting, proof reading and editing various communications channels
- Excellent awareness of global and regional socio-economic, political and environmental issues.
- Excellent skills in English including verbal and written including formal communications and writing for the web.
- Ability to think strategically, plan and meet deadlines.
- Able to work in a multi-cultural team setting, where the team members are not often physically together.
- Facilitation and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work systematically and methodically under pressure, to be creative and resourceful and to work well on his/her won initiative.
- High level of competency in IT including Office, databases, Internet, WordPress and other content management systems.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Personal circumstances that will permit a considerable degree of international travel – occasionally at short notice
As there is no global headquarters, the candidate selected may be based in his/her current area of residence depending on good Internet service and adequate access to an international airport in this locality. Salary will be appropriate to the area of the world where the person is based.
Click on the following link for the full Job Description and Person Specification .
To make application, please send your CV/resume in English for the attention of the Director of Operations – Jenny Stewart to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 11 October 2016
Initial Interviews will take place via Skype on 20 October 2016
The Scripture Union Global Community is made up of Movements around the world (currently 130+) that share the same mission as expressed in the Aims, Beliefs, and Working Principles. The role of Scripture Union International is to support the local Movements, articulating the vision, assisting development both within and between the national movements and through expansion, providing a global identity, fundraising, establishing and maintaining international partnerships.